Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bath Ten

I came home from work today exhausted.  My kids have me ragged.  My work has me stressed.  My life is chaotic.  So, what did I do?  Lose myself in a television show?  I tried.  Didn't work.  I began to think.  What did I used to do to relax?  You know, back before the kids, before my teaching career, before life really hit me. I used to take long baths. I would grab some food: cottage cheese, crackers, and a drink.  Run a bath as hot as I could stand it - and believe me... I can take hot!  Put something in the water:  bubbles, oils, beads.  Then I would get into the bath and just relax.

So, being the mom on the go, I had not a morsel of delectable food.  (I already had dinner anyway.) Hence, I skipped this part.  I put some Vaseline brand powder from a box into the water.  (I suffer from dry skin and found that this is the only relief I really get.)  I got into the hot bath with an old Prevention magazine my mom hands me down.  I read/flipped thorough it...again. (I love to read old magazines over and over again...they are a treasure of new information.)  I soaped up my hair, slid down to my neck in the hot water, and did nothing.  I closed my eyes and focused on having nothing on my mind.

The end product?  Relaxation... ahhh...works every time.  I have just taken ten for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment